Re-Starting

pancreas

Small Fish
Sep 25, 2005
Oregon Twsp., MI
Al's the name.

I'm just getting back into my favorite old pastime. Many years ago I had an entire bedroom dedicated to tanks. It lookes like a fish store and smelled like it. My daughter recently won a Betta at church and left it in a jar unnattended. I came across it one day while cleaning and decided to mount a rescue mission.

I went out an bought a 5 Gal. and went to work. The Betta (blue male) is thriving and I am getting that old feeling of setting up some additional tanks. Right now I will stick with the Betta and look for some additions to the 5 Gal. to keep him company. (no, not a female, I have already raised my own kids)

Good to be here!

Any ideas for tankmates?

TLM4x4

Large Fish
Jul 21, 2005
southern oregon coast
I GOTTA ask (lol) whats with the nick? pancreas? welcome back and good luck...Ive been thinking about getting a Betta, a gallon vase and making a nice little home for it...theres a cool thread here that a guy has going of several "vases" he has going and they are cool looking. Look up "My work desk" by lordroad if you are interested...

Last edited:

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
Yep neons would work...as long as the tank has been set up for awhile. If it hasn't been set up for longer than a month or two you might wait on any tankmates for awhile while the tank cycles. I have to agree on the apple snail (or mystery snail) suggestion...I never thought a snail could be so interesting and now i have one in every tank. Just one. :)

We call that "feeling of setting up some additional tanks" MTS around here...Multiple Tank Syndrome ;)

Welcome to the tank!