ready to buy an AquaC

dbacksrat

Superstar Fish
Jun 3, 2003
Glendale, AZ
Visit site
now that I have a job and am hauling in money, I've decided that an AquaC Remora is in my sights...
I would like the urchin, but then I would have to either finish my DIY overflow box or buy one @ $80 or so....it appears that the urchin and remora are very similar and maybe the remora could be converted to an in-the-sump skimmer

I plan on upgrading to the Maxijet 1200 pump....I'm going to buy from marinedepot.com (over $175= free shipping, the remora is $164)

looks like I'll have to pay shipping ($10) but it's worth it

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
i went into reefsolution today, looking for the Remora Pro with Mag 3..they were out.
I've seen this baby http://www.reefsolution.com/catalog...d=171&osCsid=169933c9cfe9134017218d76a8a7f5da
this is huge..6" diameter and it's so long. The guy has every tank running this skimmer. Looks very good. The guy is a fish geek and knows his stuff, told me that the remora pro doesn't handle much more than 40 gallons...mhhh. I have a 55. Do you guys know this Reef-626H Skimmer ?? Can't really find info on it. Could be an unknown chinese brand and only this store sells it. Anyways if you have info it would be appreciated

Apr 7, 2005
NE Ohio
I have the Aqua C Remora with the MaxiJet 1200, and I think it was well worth the money, Easy setup, and once it's broken in you can't even hear the skimmer at all. I got mine from Marine Depot, and I'm extremely satisfied. I don't have the prefilter box, but I did think about getting it soon. It's supposed to help with limiting the amount of bubbles that hits the surface, and also enhances the performance of the skimmer. - May well be worth the $30

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
I have the prefilter box and I really like it, bubbles aren't really an issue in my experience with this skimmer, but it really does help with surface agitation and getting the skim that builds up on the waters surface off.

Feb 28, 2005
Houston, TX
www.myspace.com
i took off my prefilter box because it was falling off of the pump (maxijet1200) because it is huge and kinda heavy for the way it is supported. it actually even began to pull the pump itself off with it, leaving water shooting out of the tank and onto the floor.

it did help with the bubbles, although i would take bubbles any day rather than ten gallons or more of water being pumped onto my floor.

other than that, the performance of the skimmer is great.