Rearrange the Saltwater Forum??

Which forums should MFT have for saltwater?

• Leave them as they are now (Saltwater General, Nano & Invertebrates)

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Leave it how it was, just Saltwater and Nano

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Split it up so there is a Fish Only and a Reef and a Nano forum

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Other

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
Hey all, in light of the forum changes made in freshwater, we decided to add a new forum for the salties. However its come up that the new invertebrates forum could just confuse things.

What do you think we should do?

If you vote other, please make a suggestion here.

phOOey

Superstar Fish
Oct 31, 2003
Nottingham, UK
ah, didnt see that thread. they make some good points, ok i change my mind to do the reef, fish-only, nano thing, i think that would be the easiest and most un-confusing way to do it.

so if you can knock a vote off leave it be, and put it on reef, fish-only, nano :).

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Some boards have the subjects split into something like Tank Setup/Maintenance and Inhabitants (2 sections). I know a lot of thread get seriously hijacked in the SW section, with all kinds of problems being discussed in one thread. Maybe a single forum would be better, but it might also discourage people who think our SW section isn't as active as it has become. To be honest, I always read post by the "new posts" function, so I never really know what section the posts are in :p

I do read most of the SW posts, as there is a tank in the planning for us.

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Well yeah, I know :( Things keep coming up financially, unfortunately. We got all the fish out of the tank and sold them at an auction. But then we put some angel babies in as a grow-out until we get some cash together. We're pretty much set for lights, but probably will get some powerheads and a skimmer (and of course the live rock) at some point soon. :)

By the looks of it, we'll probably have to get a chiller too. FW tanks have been up in the mid-80s this week. :(

The LFS owners keep asking us when, too :p

dbacksrat

Superstar Fish
Jun 3, 2003
Glendale, AZ
Visit site
*hijacking thread*
so, lotus, what is there to do in palm springs? my dad is dragging me and my siblings on a ridiculous trip in a couple weeks...is it worth it? i don't see why we should drive for five hours from one desert to another

back to business--its been warm here too and I know my fw tank lasted through the summer, but I haven't had my sw tank that long yet
it sits in a western facing room with a french door (thus letting in a lot of light)--i might have to break down and buy a chiller too :(
*end of hijack*

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Yeah, lots of golf here. Other than that, there's a waterpark (Soak City), a couple of museums, some canyons you can go explore. More info here: http://www.desertguide.com/ae/attractions.html Here's the LFS site, in case you get bored and want to look at fish while you're here: http://home.earthlink.net/~aquariumodyssey/index.html

If you PM me your address, I'll send you a guide with the things to do and events going on.

It does get freaking hot here in the summer. 110F isn't unusual, and it will probably get to that this coming weekend (although it sometimes goes down into the 90s).

*oops, major hijack*

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
dbacksrat said:
no--i'm 17 and i'm male--the only thing fun i can see involving golf would be me drive-bying golfers in a hijacked golf cart with a paintball gun (sick and twisted, aren't I?)
Now that is one funny sick twisted thought but hilarious just the same.

Anyone know where I can lay my hands on about 200 lbs of Southdown/Yardright/Old Kastle tropical play sand in the Northern Indiana/Michigan or Detroit areas?