recent pics of my 30 gallon long

IDunnoWhy

Superstar Fish
Nov 16, 2006
Deerfield, WI
I know I'm going to get slammed with "Stupid Newb" posts, but what is the purpose of the white plastic grates? Is that section of the tank, totally seperate from the rest?

Nice looking fish BTW

lol idunno, my idea was weird. i dont know of any salty doing it before, so i think they are in the dark almost as much as you. yes, its separate. its a sump/fuge area. the area with all that sand is my fuge but i dont have macro yet. also i need to get a litte piece or LR to put in there, a couple snails and hermits too.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
you should paint the back of yur tank ;) u couldnt imagine how much better itll look..... btw looking good .... from the pics it doesnt look like u have a cleanup crew yet??? some snails r defintly recomended especially if u dont have a magna float *crazysmil

been up since about 2 days afer my b-day.... so since about november 23. and my 10 gal before that thay went into this had been up for a couple months. i have 2 snails and 2 hermits right now. i know i need to get more... but im poor:( i also need to get some other stuff for the tank, so i'll just keep this thread as my update thread.

nice to see you visiting the salty side of life helena! thanks, yea... itd be better without diatoms....

oh yea, fish geek, the reason i want a smaller one is because mine has been alone long anough now thats its proably female, so i want to get a small one so that i have a chance of them pairing.

Last edited: