Reef safe fish?

seaham358

Small Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I'm setting up a 125 with LR/LS.  I'm not sure what corals I want yet but I definitely want some.  I also want a lot of colorful fish.  I was thinking about some Banggai cardinalfish, Scotts fairy wrasse, Helrichs firefish-dartfish, Monofish dartfish, Orange Unicornfish, yellow tang, purple tang, Neon goby, Purple fin fish, common clowns, royal gramma, Regal tang, Powder blue Surgeon. a Yellow tail butterfly(Pearlsided), Big nose butterfly, Green or spotted Mandarinfish and maybe some kind of Angle.  I've read some about these fish and some may fight so I want to pick only the ones that will get along.  I know that the angles might be out
I know I can't get all the fish but I would like to know if any one has had problems with any of the fish in a reef setup.  Any ideas with corals would be nice also.  I like the brain coral. Not sure about names of the others.  Will be learning them before I get set up.  Also looking at anemones also.  I know that I need to be careful because these can kill corals.  Thanks in advance.   *twirlysmiley*

dattack

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Some fish I am familiar with.

Wrasses-could eat your pods/bristleworms, eat shrimps, snails depending on wrasse.  
Tangs-Usually all safe except you shouldn't put more than one in there.  Could cause more stress and ich.  If you do get two, have to find two with different body shapes.
Cardinal fish-very safe
neon goby-very safe but could be lunch for bigger fish such as wrasses that are carnivorous.
Mandarin-buy only in well established tank.  Most of the time requires sand bed that has been established with fauna such as tons of pods.
Butterflies-good to control some problem aiptasia problems (anenomes).  Hit and miss but might chomp on your corals.

try www.fishsupply.com and see what the recommendations are although they are not entirely right on everything.