Reef Swap Grabs

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
I went to a reef swap at, That Pet Place today and got a few goodies... I'm definitely going to be making a trip back to that store. Their own frags are quite nice.

Orange Digi, along with my own frags

Blue Milli, Rainbow Monti, and Blood Diamond Acan.

Fire and Ice Zoas and Red Purple Eater Pallys

Birdsnest and Eagle Eyes

Another Orange Digi, and Pink Milli

Last edited:

MatthewLaw

Large Fish
Jun 29, 2008
PA
Joe Fish- WHen were you at thatpetplace? I was there too yesterday from 11-1:30. If you saw a black lab with two King Charles Cavaliers, those were my parents and I was probably closeby. They came to check out 'the store i keep raving about'.

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
I know the feeling... This will be my last purchase until the next swap, which is in April. I'm hoping to save enough this year to either add a chiller or a calcium reactor.

My 2nd daughter starts daycare this week so there goes a big chuck of $$$.

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
I was there from 11 to about 2ish... I was back in the fish room. There was a section sectioned off for NCPARS members. You could pay $10 for a non member entry.

The next swap is actually going to be on PSU campus.... I think they are going to try to have the TPP swap every year now. This year was the first. I had no idea the store was that big. They have an excellent selection of fish and corals.... I need to take more money next time.

MatthewLaw

Large Fish
Jun 29, 2008
PA
I was in the fish room too, picking up a few fish. That section was just finished a few weeks ago.

Do you need to belong to a 'special' club in order to receive the $5 admission discount?

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
Cool, I wanted to get a saddleback for my nano, but decided to just get frags.

There is a new york and co store in the mall and it's the closest one to my wife, which works out great for me. All I have to do is ask my wife if she would like to go to that store... I'm hoping for another trip soon.

Yeah, if you aren't a ncpars member the registration fee was 10. Normally, if you are a member you get in free, but I think they needed a little extra cash to cover things.

We have a club forum over at reefcentral if you want to check it out. Or go to NCPARS - Home. I just joined the club when I moved to state college.

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
The acan was a bonus frag. I knew everything i was getting proir to going, via fragswapper.com. There was a guy there with a very nice tank, but rather pricey compared to the other swappers. I had to buy at least one acan from him though. I wanted to get a blue tort too.