reefsafe trigger???

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
ive been reading alot about blue throat triggers and how they are considered the only truley reef safe trigger ..... some thing still scares me about throwing a trigger in my reef *crazysmil what do you guys think??? 100% reefsafe?? or is it dumb to even consider one??

TheFool

Large Fish
Apr 19, 2006
Define reefsafe - they won't eat your corals, but your clean up crew will disappear pretty quickly. I have a canthigaster puffer in my reef - same deal.....

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
FishGeek said:
I just fed shrimp the other day and my Trigger tore them up!!! Who ever told you that is wrong.
i have a trigger too and belive me if i threw in a few shrimp theres no doubt that my trigger will tear them up...with that said i dont have a blue throat and neither do you wich is considered to be the only truley reef safe trigger ...... go to this site and watch the 3rd video over from the left reefmike's 180g he gives a tour of his tank wich he keeps a pair of blue throat triggers and you can clearly see bloodshrimp in the backround.... i find it hard to belive aswell wich is how this thread came about

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
I think its a thing that depends on the fish, some may eat shrimp and some may not. I think that the best chance to get this combo is to introduce the shrimp before the Trigger. But.......I have also heard they are safe and the places online that I am finding do say they are reef safe.