Remora Pro Skimmer

Feb 25, 2006
Texas
Hello,

I need some information about the height adjustment for the skimmer cup on my Remora Pro Skimmer. What does the actual height adjustment provide for the cup and what is the benefit of raising or lowering it. Also no matter how I set the level of the cup with the adjustable rubber band it produces so much foam it starts to exit the hole in the top and run down the back of the unit to the floor. "Help me please"

Thanks

Roger

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
is the skimmer new? There should be a break in period where it overfoams...It should not run out of the cup and onto the floor, it should just run back into the skimmer...The higher you set once it is broken in the dryer the foam, the lower, the wetter the foam.

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
If you set your a number of skimmers running on a number of tanks, they will foam to different heights despite being identical. This because things like salinity, pH, temperature and redox potential all affect foam production. Shuffling the cup and down to get optimal production of foam without overflowing your skimmer is called tuning it. Other ways in other skimmers to tune involve adjusting air and water flow rates

Feb 25, 2006
Texas
Skimmer

Aresgod,

Thanks for the information on the skimmer.

Roger

aresgod said:
is the skimmer new? There should be a break in period where it overfoams...It should not run out of the cup and onto the floor, it should just run back into the skimmer...The higher you set once it is broken in the dryer the foam, the lower, the wetter the foam.