retro fit kit!

Jan 16, 2004
Syracuse, NY
Dont know about the retrofit but judging by the style and price that skimmer doesnt look very "good". Is it for the 10 gallon? You really dont need one for that tank, but it might help if you plan on heavily stocking it. Thats what I think, need someone to verify that though.

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
its for the 6 gallon... i have a huge cyano problem so i thought i would get one to remove phosfates if i have them and if not the tank will be cleaner.

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
um yea that skimmer would be a waste of your money, it would be better spent buying RO water from your grocery store for water changes and on another powerhead, and maybe some phosphate absorbing product.

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
ok thanks for the advise.ill get one of those ac 300 and use it as a fuge also and put some macro algaes in it. i may order an ro unit of of live aquaria. does this sound good? and i now this is a little of topic but is starwars battlefront 2 a good psp game?

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Well it removes more stuff. it's a tough call whether or not to buy an RO for a 6 gallon tank - I odn't think I'd bother if I had an lfs thtat sold RO. The hassle and running costs more than outweigh the pleasure of owning for me. However I think if you're going to buy an RO then it pays not to buy the cheapest as typically they don't have prefilters and go through membranes quite quickly.
I think this site has mucho info - this is the man every one in Britain goes to for RO....

http://www.ro-man.com/shop/index.php/cPath/22?osCsid=13afabbcdefb254edffde33c7fd343a0

I likely wouødn't bother with the skilter. I think I'd be tempted to get a good sized bucket, make some water and do very frequent small water changes. I am very cynical of skimmers on nanos.