RO/DI Water

Aug 10, 2009
I'm going to purchase a RO/DI unit, but in my smaller house in florida i don't really have room for storage of RO/DI water, the LFS guy which i believe most of what he says. He says that if i store my premade water in my garage that the higher temps would affect the quality of water, but isn't RO/DI water Pure? also i know i would have to cool the water before adding it to my tank too.. i also saw a write-up that had 2 wraping paper bins piped together thats 20gals which could fit next to my tank, but whats there stability?? i have one but it holds wrapping paper lol.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
i live in south florida and my r/o storage container is on the side of my house....garage is the perfect place! take lfs advice with a grain of salt ;)

Feb 25, 2008
Savage, MN
Not bad if you have an attached garage, but if you have a detached garage like me, then you are just out of luck. I have just enough room in my utility closet between my clothes dryer and my hot water heater to store my strorage container

Aug 10, 2009
it is an attached garage, and the wall the tank is on is shared with the garage too. so i was thinking i could just put a small pump in the storage bin, and install an indoor spicket so i could fill buckets inside for mixing with salt and temp regulation etc,then add to the tank. also the storage tank will be covered, i was thinking of using a Blue 55 plastic drum, the ones i found said they are food grade??

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
any food grade container should work.... if its on the same wall as the tank i would set it up so you dont have to fill any buckets but simply flip the switch to pump the water directly to your tank for water changes! thats how ill be setting mine up hopfully soon... i figure ill do more water changes if its as easy as flip 1 switch to pump water out and another to pump the water back in ;)