Ro setup help

flanders

Small Fish
Feb 19, 2005
Ro question

I am debating putting in a RO unit and I cant seem to get a grip of the logistics of using one

I generally do 20gallon water changes once a week by filling a spare tank mixing the salt dropping in a powerhead and letting it sit a day before switching the water out.

My question is kinda basic.. how do Ro units physically work.. do I hook them into my plumbing?

I have been looking at kent and similar units and cannot get an idea of how these things are set up.

Any resources you can point me to or help would be appreciated. I am in a small apt with only the bathroom and kitchen sinks as water supplies

cheers

Last edited:

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
i suppose i should clarify...there are a lot of connections within the RO/DI unit, but the unit itself only has to be attached to the end of a faucet if my understanding is correct (which it might not be)

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
its pretty simple, you hook your faucet up to them then the water travels through however many chambers there are on that particular set up, then 2 outlet tubes come out of it, 1 is discarded water the other is RO, pretty simple