Ro water

Flowerkid

Large Fish
Mar 12, 2006
also what is the point of a sump i know somethings about them. Also what is drilling? what is the point? I am feeling courages so im asking questions that i have just been wondering.

a sump is a separate tank (usually below the tank) that is attached to the main aquarium. you can use it to put any equipment you dont want in the main tank, or use it to put a DSB or keep macro algae. it also adds to the water volume. drilling is where the main tank has a hole in it for water to flow from one tank to the other.

Flowerkid

Large Fish
Mar 12, 2006
ok quick question...i just looked in my tank for any sign of life and found little worms coming out of the holes in my lr.. plz tell me this is good and it means ive got good inhabitats.

Flowerkid

Large Fish
Mar 12, 2006
i found out what they are..

"Last night I looked in my tank with a flashlight and saw a small worm about a 1/4" long that unrolled itself like a sock. It was not segmented like a "bristleworm", is this a polychaete?
What you probably saw was a Sipunculan or peanut worm. It is not a polychaete, rather it is in a phylum of it's own. Sipunculans are harmless animals that bore holes in rock and are general surface moppers."

Flowerkid

Large Fish
Mar 12, 2006
Unfortunetly i think i have a leak im my tank. Not for sure but the towel under my tank is damp and has been damp for some time now. I was wondering what the diffrence between a tank from walmart and a tank from a pet store is? Because tanks at walmart are much cheaper. Are they weaker?

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Before you assume the tank is leaking, check all the equipment to make sure it's not splashing or that water is getting out through the equipment somehow (leaking connections, filter, overflow, etc.). Also check the top seam of the tank, as those sometimes leak a little.

If one of the seams on the tank is leaking, it won't be long before the rest of the seam breaks and you have water all over the floor.

If it is the tank, get a new one ASAP. If you transfer everything from one tank to another, there shouldn't be a problem with the cycle.