rock from the ocean

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
ok i know your not suposed to but i was snorkeling at the beach and found some really nice rocks so i brung them home ... the question is since they were only out of the water for a short time do they still need to cure?? o is it cool that i put them directly into my tank?? because its been a few weeks and no bad smell, and no ammonia spike.. oh yea i notice this little pencil urchin that hitch hiked home for free on one of my free rocks... btw i got like 30-40 lbs (i couldnt help my self)

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
wow, there are reasons that these laws are in place...you have done something detrimental to the hobby and should be ashamed. Not to mention if you add them to your tank you could bring in all sorts of unwated guests, I would return it to the beach.

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
30-40 pounds? You had to have made like 2-3 trips to get that much. I think ares hit on the head when he suggested to return it, if everyone that wanted free rock took 30-40 pounds imagine where we would be.

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
i hope you know you can get a realy big fine for this, in the long run it would prabably have been cheaper to get some rock from the lfs... there are chances that you are going to bring in guests you dont want, fish eating isopods, mantis shrimp, disease.