rocks from a river

Mar 9, 2009
Culpeper, VA
www.myspace.com
ok so at my park there are rocks and driftwood that have i want to say a moss growing on them, its like green stringy stuff and when i take it out of the water its green and gushy idk

but how would i be able to keep that look and have it clean?

scottlocks

Large Fish
Jan 29, 2009
MASS
boil them, and use some sort of med to hard brush to clean it. and if you dont want to do this, just boil it and the "gunk" will dye and will not grow nor will amonia go up. sorry if this is bad info.

Whiskers

Large Fish
Feb 29, 2008
central Michigan USA
you want flowing alage growing in your tank? if that is what you want, then you could take some rocks you like and clean them. put them in a shallow dish of your tank water and put it in the sun so it grows alage. put it back in your tank and point powerhead at it and maybe get the same effect. not something i would care to do but hey, to each their own. there might be some plants that might give you the same effect but i'm not a planted tank kinda guy to know the answer to that one.

jo3olous

Large Fish
Aug 6, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
you know, you don't need to worry too much about decor in your tanks. your oscars are just going to rearrange and knock things over anyway. They would probably do better in a tank with little/no decor