Rogue's 10 gal.

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
Rogue has turned from black to grey to blue, and now he's gotten a tank upgrade too!
He will be sharing this---his 'permanent' home---with platy fry and/or new (quarantined) fish arrivals. There are currently 2 platy fry in with him.

This tank sits on top of the 'bar' which separates the kitchen and livingroom. It's the same one that used to house the krib pair.

Wanna see some pics of the little guy now that he's got the 'blues'? ;)

BV

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
GIS Guy said:
Nice bachelor pad.
LOL...thanks for all the comments!

Here's some pics of Rogue, as promised.
I think his colors must have changed as a result of maturing and/or being kept in more favorable tank conditions.

BV

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
Thanks, Helena. He's getting bluer and bluer...can't wait til' he moults again!
I'm fairly certain that he's a Procambarus alleni---just like Jericho and Jerrica. There are blue color morphs in other species though, so I'll see if I can get some feedback from the experts over on the crayfish forums just to confirm. ;)

My plan is to eventually mate Rogue with Jerrica if Jericho doesn't end up getting the job done properly. :p

BV

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
Lol! Jericho's an 'old man' now...his days are numbered, me thinks. :(
He's had a tough life though, and he has kept me very entertained over the past year.

He'll probably live for another year or maybe two, so I'm not throwing in the towel on him just yet...All I'm saying is that he had better get the job done right!

If not...well...maybe I'll leave him in there with Jerrica---she'll probably eat him like the praying mantis in that video f8fan posted not too long ago! :eek:

BV

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
Update-Pics!

In the bottom pic you can see the split between his carapace and tail. The whitish 'gap' that you see is created as a result of the carapace lifting slightly; indicative of an impending moult.

BV

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
Thanks Mountain Dewd. :)

Rogue is no longer in the same tank, but I figured this would be the most appropriate place to show you how he looks following his last moult.

Notice the brownish tinge he has taken on as a result of being housed in with the rockwork you see in the background.

Hangin' out at the 'salad bar.'

BV

FreshwaterJeff

Superstar Fish
Mar 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
Awesome shots as always, BV.

So interesting that he would change colors as often as he has -- he truly is a "rogue" :D

PS - for anyone in the Chicago area that wants blue crayfish (uncertain which species), Old Orchard Aquarium in Skokie has a tank full for $4.99 a piece :eek: