Room For a Kulhi Loach?

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
What about a couple of cherry barbs? Or a few female swords or more males, the other fish should take care of the potential overpopulation problems. You've got room for a few more female bettas, too.

Are you looking to add to what you've got or get something different?

Zman16

Large Fish
Aug 1, 2005
Pennsylvannia
The swordtail ( his names Einstine ) always is around the betta. I think Einstine thinks the betta is a female swordtail. Whats really weird is that she's getting fatter and is hidding like a pregnant swordtail. But I know they couldn't have....:eek: Or else I'm getting bettaswords. lol.

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
A female gourami? Pearl gouramis are supposed to be pretty passive for a gourami, and a female gourami should be fine with a female betta (at least they are in my tank...). Not 100% sure about a male dwarf gourami... I don't know if one would go after a female betta.

Cherry barbs would work too, they are different personalities from the fish you have.

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
ADFs are kinda wimpy feeders... I don't think one would find much to eat in there, not with all the other bottomfeeders. You could put one in the 10g with the betta if the betta doesn't mind.

You might want 2 female swords, or the male will probably pester the one constantly.

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
Not sure... I know they don't like a lot of surface movement, and I'm pretty sure they are tank jumpers. Does the female betta hang out at the top of the tank a lot?

Zman16

Large Fish
Aug 1, 2005
Pennsylvannia
Shes usually at the middle part of the tank. But at feeding time she'll be at the top.

P.S. I got 2 female swordtails, yesterday, just like u said. So I don't know if I could fit a ABF. But I hope I could. Could I?

Last edited: