Rosy Barbs

Today I went to my friends 17th bday and gave her the fish that I was holding for her mom. About 15 minutes ago my cousin came over with 2 Rosy Barbs. I have been doing research and every where I go says 5g minimum tank size. Now is my tank suitable, its a 10g? Do they get to 2.5"? Can I probally add 2 more if the tank is big enough?

Katie217

Superstar Fish
Jul 15, 2006
Florida
i had a rosey barb for about a year and a half, it was a male and it got to about 2 inches, really pretty when the tips of their fins turn black. umm they are rreally skiddish and hyper, and need alot of room to swim crazily. i had mine in a 10. he died of constipation. i tried to give him everything, peas etc, nothing worked so he died. good fish.

Katie217

Superstar Fish
Jul 15, 2006
Florida
hmm....well 4 rosey barbs that grow to 2inches, thats 8inches in a 10gal, soo...well i would just add 2 corries then the tank is done...
or just the 2 barbs, then about maybe...4 neons or cardinals or something (a small tetra) then 2 corries then the tank is done

Katie217

Superstar Fish
Jul 15, 2006
Florida
well its a fry tank at the moment...with guppy fry, and sooner or later GBR fry...and that means lots of water changes so i dont really wanna get live plants that will get up rooted with water changes and waht not