rosy reds

Aug 23, 2005
bellaire, ohio
whats up with these little guys, i seen alot of people talking about them but i didnt find a profile in the section. i finally got rid of my rosy barbs tonight, im kinda happy, i think the one had dropsy and my nephew liked it, he seems to be happy doesnt have trouble swimming or anything, so he'll make them a good pet for awhile. but back to the rosy reds, will these survive and breed with platys and mollys and such? i dont know for sure but im assuming they are non agressive and probably community? correct me if im wrong, i seen a couple links in old threads to sites about them, but the links were dead :(
thanks in advance.

Shaunna

Large Fish
Oct 6, 2005
Ohio
where is bellaire? It can't be near as hick as WCH!!!! Walmart sells them here. I don't know what you want them for, but if it is anything important you can quarantine them. They are 28 cents.

Aug 23, 2005
bellaire, ohio
bellaire is a very very small town on the wv border near wheeling, u can drive thru it in about 2 minutes. i can get rosy reds at an lfs down the road an hour or so, i was just wandering howd they mix in my community tank.
where or what is WCH? you'll hear about bellaire if you follow high school football in ohio, they're 10-0 in the regular season, ranked #1 in the state right now, theyre picked to win the state championship this year.

Last edited:

timisu87

Large Fish
Oct 15, 2004
Visit site
My LFS near my college offers them for 10 cents a piece. They are usually about 1-1.5 inches. My roommate has not had any problems with them when using them to feed his turtle.

Gamefishin

Small Fish
Oct 27, 2005
I feed my native rosy reds, I'm not sure why you want to keep them as your pet though. They are very plain looking, I think some real bait shop minnows would be better to keep because they thrive in a school.