Round one...

Rokl33t

Large Fish
Aug 2, 2004
Visit site
hey guys its been awhile since ive been on i don't think alot of u guys know me or even remember me...i jus got back into the whole betta hobby, and de cided now that the weather is warm, it would be perfect to try to breed them...

sooo im gonna try it for the first time...

male = crowntail blue and red
female = teal

i made the 10 gal tank sponge filter in the rear right corner cup on the left front corner and plants for the female to hide...i introduced the couple at first with the female in the cup, the male was flaring all over...so now i took out the female from the cup and let her swim in the tank, he chased her around and now her stripes are vertical and the male is now trying to make the next, it looks like he's having a hard time..but im guessing its normal for male to take awhile to start the nest
so i guess im gonna have to see till tomorrow how the nest is going, or even later tonight

wish me luck guyss

Rokl33t

Large Fish
Aug 2, 2004
Visit site
well failed attempt...ill tell u wat tho the female looked ready, it was jus the male that wasn't making the nest...maybe he's a little tooo young? or im jus not getting my facts straight
but anyways im gonna go pick out another male today, one thats already making bubble nests and the LPS maybe that would be better....sooo round two sooon
see ya

Rokl33t

Large Fish
Aug 2, 2004
Visit site
ohhhhhhhhhh nooo!!! they are starting to breed but the male betta is too immature to no that they aren't any bubbles.....i can see the eggs drop and him picking them up but there is no nest

Rokl33t

Large Fish
Aug 2, 2004
Visit site
okay well it seems like the two are done, the female is off and hiding and the male is now working on his nest, im not sure if it would be safe to take out the female cuz i wouldn't want to scare the male nor would i want to make too much motion in the water to disrupt the nest

should i wait?

Rokl33t

Large Fish
Aug 2, 2004
Visit site
well iggy was correct crowntail do seem to be quite sensitive then the other bettas, cuz i woke up this morning and the male was dead....which really sux cuz he really was a good looking betta, i hope my spawn grow up well so i can see the outcome of the pair

Rokl33t

Large Fish
Aug 2, 2004
Visit site
welll i believe its the 4th day now that the fry have been born and well they are looking better, moving a lot more, today is like extremely hot so im hoping it won't throw off the tank temp. but anyways i wish these baby's would grow a little faster hahah
well see u guys later

Rokl33t

Large Fish
Aug 2, 2004
Visit site
okay day 5 and now they are all vert. swimiing..but now im starting to panic on eating, i still have the live plants in there, so i dunno if that will be okay for a bit? i also have "wardley Small Fry liquid food" which i don't no if thats gonna cut it either...i want to try BBS but i heard that the process of hatching bbs is quite hard...next i wanted to try micro warms, but again i don't no exactly how to make a batch of microwarms, so any pointers on feeding??

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
It's really easy to hatch BBS. Almost every fish store has some kind of kit, along with instructions for less than $10. I'm really not too sure on how soon you can feed microworms, but you can usually order them online from various sources, including aquabid.

Rokl33t

Large Fish
Aug 2, 2004
Visit site
damn lotus thanks for the input, i really needed some pointers, thanks again
i really hope i can pull it off and have my babies grow all the way, especially cuz the male died the other day, and i really liked him

quick question, if i breed the male ct and a non-ct female is it possible that i could still have some full ct's? or em i forgeting somthing that i should have learned in bio??