Rowaphos Rules!! -so does this site-

jammerz

Large Fish
Feb 28, 2005
Boise
I put rowaphos in my canister filter 2 days ago and its stopped my hair algae dead in its tracks!!

This site is way usefull and informative, thanks for the tip the other day guys. Also thanks to all who maintain and moderate this site.

*PEACE!*

Jan 9, 2005
Visit site
Word Boi.

Hey a friend of mine at the LFS gave me "E.A" tablets. he said they use them there and they clear most red type of algaes right up. No harm to fish, and they've been doing it for years. He just threw me a couple, i'm still awaiting results.

Also, all my levels came back good. No phosphates.

Feb 28, 2005
Waterford, CA
Um, ok guys I have a couple of questions.

1’st I have been taking my water to my LFS, and I have never heard of phosphates or phosphates levels? What is it???

2’nd Rowaphos?, it works for algae huh, were can I get it and is it expensive or hard to use, and does anyone recommend it for a 60 gallon salt with about 50 lbs, live rock, with HAIR ALGEA?? I actually took out my rock and scrubbed it to get some off, but it is slowly growing back.

Thanx all…. *PEACE!*

jammerz

Large Fish
Feb 28, 2005
Boise
mos def you can take yer water to get tested for phosphates. Or you could buy a phosphate tester. rowaphos is super expensive but its really easy to use put it into the mediabag and into yer canister, sump, hob whatever!! but they do make a phosphate reactor that keeps the rowaphos churned up so that it sponges the phosphates better. ifyou dont have areactor just break it up in the media bag once in a while. Rowaphos will help in starving algae(nitrates are also a big thing), make suree you get rowaphos because when the media is"loaded" with phosphates it won't leach it back into the system other brands will!! lemme know if this werks for ya. fyi i bought 100mg for 21 bucks they are proud of that product