Salinity 1.029 + Coral = Problem?

Jan 9, 2005
Visit site
Turns out my hydrometer is off 3 points, so my salinity is actually somewhere around 1.029. I've been having awful luck with a lot of corals, would this salinity have such drastic effects on corals? In a way i hope so, because then i'll know my problem, and it will be easy to fix.

Jan 9, 2005
Visit site
Perfect, it's been at that for a long time now. It seems a lot of corals got used to it, like the big polyp rock, but a lot of other stuff croaked. Some may think it strange that i'm happy to hear this, but atleast i've figured it out.

Jan 9, 2005
Visit site
well unfortunetly it wasn't enough to save the hammer coral, which sucks because i got a wicked peice for just 20 dollars. but the galaxy coral seems to be doing much better and a couple peices of cabbage coral and ricordia are doing seemingly much better.

Jan 9, 2005
Visit site
yeah i read that in an article, i forget who recommended it...could have been someone on this board. That aquarium hobbyist's have this strange conception that their temperature should be lower than it really is in the ocean, same with salinity.