salinity

Apr 7, 2005
NE Ohio
Actually, from my experience, even though you have all the buildup - Check your salinity - I'm willing to bet that it barely even changes at all. It's weird, you would think that with all the buildup it would change, but it doesn't. I've had major buildup on mine ( until my recent disaster ), and my salinity was always a constant 1.024-1.026.

Feb 28, 2005
Waterford, CA
huh, I know form my vinturie air bubles the bubles will rise and couse a soda pop fizzle type deal and the water will graze the top of the glass(lights) but my salinity pretty much stays same. undless I let the tank go and have a lot of evap.

BTW-Jester, you say your sg is 2.4-2.6 isn't that a little high?? mine is at 2.3? just wondering

Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada
Just asking cause I only ever get that if I let my water level drop to low and the powerhead is agitating the surface to much. but ya it not going to make a noticable difference in salinity.

Yamahaguy06- salinity 2.4-2.6???? I think you're meaning 1.024-1.026 and that is in a good range. 1.023 is about the lowest you wanna go I keep mine around there or just a little higher