• HW Marine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Others

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TheFool

Large Fish
Apr 19, 2006
IO generally , but I've used everything on that list bar the seachem, plus some other you haven't listed, AquaMedic and Elos. I've had pretty good , similar results for all. If all things are equal I like IO for the consistency. I used to really like Kent, but there have been some batches recently with bad (effectively no) alkalinity, but generally it's what I can get a decent deal on.

There is apparently more Ca and alk in RC over IO, but hether it's usful is very arguable. Likely if you have a tank with few hard corals, and just want more coralline

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
at big als they sell mixed saltwater for only .50 a gallon ... not sure what kind but you cant beat that ....they also have r/o for .25 you just need your own containers ;)

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
I seem to be able to keep my calc and alk levels maintained easier with RC. Although, I do still need to supplement to keep the alk where I like it. I started out using IO with no complaints. I switched to RC for the extra trace elements needed to help a reef tank. My coraline has been growing a lot better since.

My only dislike of RC is that the salt never completely seems to disolve. I just mix up and the residue sinks to the bottom and I take the water off the top of the tub.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
Joe Fish said:
My only dislike of RC is that the salt never completely seems to disolve. I just mix up and the residue sinks to the bottom and I take the water off the top of the tub.
do you put a power head at the bottom of the container that you use to mix the salt???

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I use Tropic Marin and have recently started using Tropic Marin Pro Reef. The reason being that I have never found a salt mix that mixes as easily and as quickly, mixes to exact parameters every time and has an excellent reputation. The downside is that it is more expensive than IO or Reef Crystals but as stated......I got a 200g bucket for $60