Salt Water Fish?

Dr_fish

Medium Fish
Jan 14, 2008
Canada
So my 28 gallon nanocube hqi has been set up and cycling for two and a half weeks. I wont be adding any fish for atleast another two weeks.
I was just wanting some input to what type of fish you guys would suggest i should keep. I dont want to keep any large or challenging fish because i'am a begginer and i dont want to have a large bio load on my tank.
Any suggestions would be great.*BOUNCINGS

Last edited:

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Sixlines are very aggressive. If you choose to get one, get it last. I wouldn't really want one in a tank with peaceful community fish, as they have a bad reputation.

Clowns, gobies and firefish are all popular choices for smaller tanks. This link also has some popular nano tank suggestions: Nano Fish

Some of the basslets are great little community fish, and not common in people's tanks, although they're fairly commonly available.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
An algae eating blenny is an obligate feeder and unless you have a lot of algae may well starve and I wouldn't recommend it to a new tank......wait on that until your tank is established with algae on the back wall and places for it to graze on.

Another nice peaceful fish for your size tank are cardinal fish.....bangaii or pyjamas.....scissor tails are jumpers, 6 lines are aggressive (at least mine is the meanest fish in my 75g) some basslets can be aggressive but a royal gramma is a nice fish not to be confused with a bicolor psuedochromis.