salt water visability

Flowerkid

Large Fish
Mar 12, 2006
i have been working on a 29 gallon slatwater and just yesterday i got my new powerhead (YES) i put it in and got it set up but i have been wondering why it is so cloudy in my tank before and after the powerhead came. I tried doing a massive water change but nothing will work plz help me so that i can see the back of my tank!!!

Flowerkid

Large Fish
Mar 12, 2006
i do have a skimmer and im not sure if it is pulling the dust out. My phs arent pointing toward the sand also what do you guys do about the smell of a saltwater tank mine is in my room and it doesnt bother me but other people dont like it what do you do?

Sep 26, 2006
New Jersey
umm mind used to smell but then i got this stuff that helps everything which reminds me i gotta go add some :D but umm yea it could be the LR and cycling also when i first put some LR in my tank a piece fell off and started smelling so maybe you might wanna look around the tank but GOOD LUCK!,
Nick

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
Yeah, probably the live rock curing. I read that the bacteria or whatever is in the rock will start to grab ahold of the sand particles, which will make them settle faster. All you really have to do is wait actually. It'll clear give it a couple days.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Once your tank is cycled the bacteria weighs down the sand particles and they will settle.....those tiny dust particles are what you want in your dsb.....

Paitence grasshopper....