saltwater egg?

Mar 1, 2006
I was cleaning my filter today and i have tons of clear balls that i think are eggs. there are none of these in my tank only in the filter. my tank is 2 month old. i have several fish and live rock. some of these balls range in size and the bigger ones have 2 point at the top. I can see thought the egg and some thing brown orange color are in these.please help....

Mar 1, 2006
fish eggs question

i have a tomato clown, blue tang, damsels,sailfin tang orange fish with purple square.don't know the name of that on.two crabs,banded shrimp,

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I doubt i's a fish spawn. The only fish there likely to spawn are the clown and damsels, and they both spawn onto rocks. The others are very, unlikely to spawn unless your tank is several hundred of gallons in size with very large examples of those fish.. I have a greater suspicion that it is a type of algae I have seen, or tunicates. Are they floating, stuck to the sides, do you have a photo.

The fish you don't know the name of is an anthia, like a pseudanthias squamapinnis. These are traditionally regarded as tough to keep as they need very, very frequent feeding