say a prayer

Sep 12, 2006
Algonquin, IL
so i came home from a late night at work, and i just found my moray sitting on the ground in front of my tank. i've lost a moray before because of this, and i also fixed the top so that i thought it was escape-proof, guess not. i know he's in a brackish tank but i figure some salties will know more about morays anyway. he was luckily still alive so i put him in a cup and got some water in there. he instantly sprung back to life, but it seems like his mucous coat is really screwed up. it looks like when someone peels after a bad sunburn. i dosed some conditioner for slime coat protection and anti-virus stuff. is there anything else i should do for him? i'm really worried, he's my most prized fish. everyone say a prayer for him. :(

Sep 12, 2006
Algonquin, IL
i'm really stumped as to how he escaped. i mean, the back of the tank has an opening for the HOB filters, but just enough for them to function. besides, the eel was curled up in FRONT of the tank. i'm guessing it went through the hole, somehow flailed onto the glass top, rather than dropping behind the tank, then fell onto the floor. just a guess. i can't really secure the the top any more, or else the filter won't work.