schooling fish in a 10 gallon

hubby

New Fish
Sep 1, 2010
Would these fish school well in a 10 gallon? What are some other fish?

-Harlequin Rasbora
how many? what are they compatible with?

-Neon Tetras

-Tiger Barbs or Cherry Barbs

Aug 13, 2010
Sicklerville, NJ
With out knowing the status of the tank (is it cylced, type of filter and maint schedule) it is sort of hard to tell. I can say I ahve 10 neon's in a 12 gal eclipse cycled tank with minimal maint (25% water changes weekly) with no issues. Also the tigers will get too big for a 10 gallon. Not sure about the Rasbor's though.

jamiejay09

Large Fish
Dec 14, 2009
England
Not a good idea to mix the species together. Firstly tiger barbs will become to large for the aquarium and will also get territorial and agressive towards the other fish. Neons will do fine in a group of 7-10 only if the tank has been corectly cycled and the water parameters are all safe. Rasboras go by the same as neons.

As far as compatibility goes for a 10g maybe cory cats?

im sure another member with give you further information.

Aug 16, 2009
SW Pennsylvania
Smaller cories, like pygmy cories would look great in a 10 gallon along with a few neons. If you can't find pygmy cories, any other species would work but you would only be able to add 3 or 4. Do not add more than 2-3 fish to your tank at once. Please cycle the tank and purchase a liquid test kit for ammonia, nitrate and nitrite before adding any fish. Try aqadvisor.com/ for stocking suggestions.

misterking

Superstar Fish
Aug 12, 2008
Manchester, UK
www.facebook.com
+1 OC, those Boraras brigittae would be STUNNING. I really want some, but doubt I'll ever see them sold around here.
I've been considering them for my 9g, stunning aren't they!

Ok so tiger barbs are a big no... they grow far too big to be happy in that sized tank. Neons, harlequins and cherry barbs would all work.. but not at the same time. Do a small shoal (6 ish) of one. Or, if you can get hold of the smaller rasbora types such as chili rasboras, you could have a few more. You could have some pygmy cories on the bottom as others have suggested.