sea slug

Nov 25, 2003
Visit site
Question-
I saw a sea slug at my LFS today. I'm wondering if this would be a good idea to get one. He costs $20. I wanted to make sure he would get along with...and the others would get a long with him. I was especially worried about the emerald crab getting a hold of it.

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I would be very wary of buying things I didn't know how to keep. For a start it's not very ethical, and reason 2 is that if this thing dies in your tank it will release a whole bunch of toxins and kill everything else.

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
Find out what kind of species it is. Even if you identify it on another website and post a link. Identification is so important. Most Sea cucumbers are toxic and require food and care only the ocean can provide. Thats were they belong!
I am looking at the specs of your 10 gallon saltwater tank. Three damsels is way to many for a tank of this kind! If you could part with one or two the other tank inhabitants would be much better off.

Sam Reef
10 Gallon Marine Aquarium
20 Gallon freshwater Planted Aquarium

supahtim

Large Fish
Jun 30, 2003
Toronto
skip out on the idea of getting a sea slug. no matter how good you take care of it, there is still a chance that it may die. and if it does, you'll wish you had listened to us.

what does the sea slug look like? do you have any pics?

Tim