SEIO M620 Review

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
Just a heads up,

I bought one of the SEIO M620s this afternoon to add a little more flow to my tank and I am really pleased with it as a pump. I kept hearing wayne talk about how it got rid of the "jet" effect but still moved a bunch of water and boy is he right. Thing is whisper quiet too. That is all...just wanted to express my satisfaction and reccomend the SEIOs to other people out there interested in a new powerhead *thumbsups

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
You'd be surprised. I have a Tunze 6000 on my 250 litre flipping between 500 and 1500 GPh every 5 seconds. It did rearrange my substrate initially though. I'm having to bounce it off the front glass.
As a note - it is simply not a problem for the fish, and the angels really seem to like messing around in the turbulence.
I don't believe the controller is out for the seios yet. If a controller similar ot the Tunze comes out be aware that you are unlikely to be able to run your old seios on it as they won't be engineeered electronically to deal with a varying current

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
im not concerned about the varried current so much...i've got 800gph+ (this is estimating 10% drop in flow b/c of the plumbing) going through 3 different SCWDs. The fish are definitely digging the flow...the chromis like swimming against it and I have plenty of "shelter" areas within the LR where they can hide out of the major blast

Feb 28, 2005
Waterford, CA
well water flow is like the new thing, lol. I think its great I just stuck another maxi-jet in my tank-so im aroung. 1,200 gph in my 60 gal. I like it and the fish seem to like it 2. The only thing I have concern for is like my inverts(do they get ewnoguh food, with the high currents) but besides that love tthe high water flow. I think it is realy overlooked in newbie tank starters. At work new costomers dont even know what a power head is. they just buy a filter and thats it :(....well after all that talk yamaha out...