Serpae Tetra Question

Striker2807

Medium Fish
May 8, 2006
Tennessee
I currently have 4 Serpae Tetra in my 45 Gallon tank, but one of them is very anti-social even after being in there for a month at least. I know there a schooling fish, but this one always hides in the corner while the other 3 are out swimming around. He is very pale almost like her is showing signs of stress.(Hiding + Very pale color) He does seem to come out when the light is off, but hide when it is on. So could the light be what is making him hide? Or is it something else? Or nothing at all?

Not sure, may be a female that is ripe, doubt it, maybe something scared him bad, you know like moving too quick or your face was too close and scared em(not saying your ugly, just saying flicking the lights on then WHAm! theres a face that isnt always there) Or he is ill. Im not sure

tank_angel

Small Fish
May 7, 2006
St.Thomas, Ont
sounds like u might have a prego fish lol fish often lose color during birth stages and if ur fish was sick he would show signs on his body after 3-5 days .. try serching the fourms or net of illnesses if anytihng appears on his body or come ask us lol