Severums and shovelnose

Oct 22, 2002
St.Louis
In my 45 gallon. i have three small and cute severums.  The biggest is maybe 1.5 inches, but i'm thinkin' he's about 1.25 inches, and the other is about the same.  The thrid is smaller  ~ a inch. It is a planted tank that is 3 weeks old.  There are lots of hiding places and some driftwood chunks.  I have a 6.5 inch Lima Shovelnose that i want to add in with them.  i'm thinking that the severums are yet to small.  I have only had them for a few days and they get feed bloodworms twice a day to beef them up and to keep them healthy. They eat all of it .  I also wanted to add a gold nugget pleco in their.  Are they algae eaters or carnivorus like zebras?

dattack

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I believe with the gold plecostomus, you need to varied the diet.  But it is mostly a carnivorous pleco if I remember right and it does like bloodworms too.  But I would also varied the diet in putting some algae wafers just in case.  I hope you are talking about the gold nugget pleco?

http://www.planetcatfish.com/core/index.htm

Oct 22, 2002
St.Louis
Of course I was talking about the gold nugget. I always like the expensive stuff ;) I'm adding my little arawona to this tank also, so i think i'm holding off on the gold nuggets for know.Plus, my LFS got some in, and they are a little larger than what i want( a least right now)