Shelby and Ruby have Ick too!

Iggy

Superstar Fish
Jun 25, 2003
Leduc, AB, Canada
Visit site
Here we go again. Just spotted white spots on both Shelby and Ruby. They share a different tank than Rigel and Reena.

For crying out loud, I am going to take my Aquarisol and throw it in the garbage!!! Ick preventative my arse, waste of money.

Going to go buy Coppersafe.

OK, I am RELIGIOUS about my water changes. I cannot make the water and better. My fish do not seem stressed, so why has EVERY FISH I OWN GET SICK!!!

Robin - dead/bacteria
Finchy - survivor/body fungus
Rigel - recovering/Ick
Reena - recovering/body fungus
Shelby - diagnosed/Ick
Ruby - diagnosed/Ick

Water, 80F, pH 7.0, am/ni 0

I vacume my gravel twice a week, use Reverse Osmosis water, treated with 1tbsp salt and a bit of Melafix and Aquarisol (which sucks) as preventatives.

What else can I do... what I am doing wrong. For heavens sake, all my fish get sick :(

Iggy

Superstar Fish
Jun 25, 2003
Leduc, AB, Canada
Visit site
*ALL* ah the roller coaster of emotions. UP... down... Up... down.

All fish are still alive :)
Don't know why they got sick :(

Starting my cycle on my first 10gal tank tomorrow :)
Dont have enough money to buy any fish now :(

(hits head on desk repeadidly) bang bang bang

Thank GOD fish are so blasted relaxing otherwise that pain in my chest might give me something to worry about ;)

Iggy

Superstar Fish
Jun 25, 2003
Leduc, AB, Canada
Visit site
Well, Rigels clear for now of his Ick, still treating the tank in case another Ick cycle appears.

Reena is all cut-up in the fins, and still has some white edges. Treating the tank for fungus and bacteria now.

Shelby looks fine, Ruby has a single white spot on one of her fins. I need to treat them again (this time I will take-out the carbon filter doh!)

This amount of illness is not normal for bettas. I sure hope I find the cause soon.