Show-off Your Bettas Here!

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
Actually, the tank has been done for a while. I did the Egyptian themed tank when I had Amun, my blue/red multi halfmoon betta (I think there might be a pic of him in this thread).

I have better pics of it somewhere, but here's an idea of what it looks like right now (need to do a water change and top it off. Blitzen, my red veiltail rescue is in there at the moment.

ValRasbora

Superstar Fish
May 2, 2009
Atlantic Canada
bass, Aumn is gorgeous! I saw one like him a while ago and I was like """"omggggggggg""" but I didn't buy him, silly me :)
I like your tank too :) My friend has the same sphynx decoration and we were shopping for new fish for her the other day and I saw an amazing copper halfmoon butterfly! The sign said "Bettas, $5.89", So I was like WHEEEEEEEEEEE, YOU'RE COMIN HOME WITH ME! then the employee was like "duhhhhh you know this one is twenty dollars?" just before he was about to bag him... jerk.
(On a side note to my rant, my friend got guppies)

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
woah, he is awesome! also excellent pic, you know how to use that camera xD
just caution that bamboo plant needs to be emersed, it will not grow well submersed as it is not a true aquatic plant. get the leaves out of the water at least, then when it grows taller you could plant it...

Oct 15, 2010
Got a couple new boys and girls...lol I am up to 21 bettas...again. :p

Pics are attached. (from my last post: all but the orange betta have died- they each have their story...RIP)

In order of pics:

1. steel blue CT betta (M)
2. Black lace CT betta (M)
3. pinkish reddy blue CT betta (F)
4. Blue dragon HMPK (M)
5. Blue dragon HMPK (F) (She and #4 are a pair- going to try breeding them soon!!)

Guess I wil need to make another post with the other pics...lol the 5 pic limit is annoying me!!

Attachments

Oct 15, 2010
(continued from my last post)

6. DT -- he is interesting- he was originally a cellophane, but he has marbled a lot, and now has a dark body, and little colourful hi-lights in his fins- older pic, so they are not visible.

7. My 2nd cellophane double tail -- he is very purty -- lol.

Thats all of the pus for now- I do have more bettas though-- lol.

Attachments

Oct 15, 2010
Oh my, when I was reading that last post I missed something -- in the last sentence (Thats all of the pus for now- I do have more bettas though-- lol.) it should be pics, not pus. lol I cannot edit it -- can someone fix that for me, and then delete this post? (if not, just leave this post here I guess...)

Thanks,
BL22

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
BL!! I love your Black Lace Male Betta!! I MUST get one!! So pretty!! My friend, Kirsten, (who, technically owns my female Betta and my 5 Neons) wants a male Betta like this and wants to name him Fuin (Darkness in Elvish- Language from Lord of the Rings).

Apr 22, 2011
Hey wait...were you gals talking about...PUS? :D
It's super gratifying to be able to see such great pics from you, Betta Lover!!! I *lurve* the last pic in the row up top; looks like a pale blue (or cellophane?) plakat boy...GORGEOUS!!! He's got some great marbling....hey I'll blush if it's a she, whichever it is, that fish reflects your dedication fiercely!
I knew your babies would be *awesomesauce*!".

Apr 22, 2011
I'm Super Happy to be able to see your 2011 Betta Breeding Extravaganze/Experiences!

I'm Super Happy to be able to see your 2011 Betta Breeding Extravaganza/Experiences!
I had faith in you; I knew you'd be popping up with some awesome new bebes' of the fishy variety very, very soon here....and look! You sure did! and just as gorgeous as they could be :)
I've not had any sort of attraction to Plakats before....but your 4. Blue dragon HMPK (M) has gotten my attention. I love his marbling! Now that I know the difference between * embarrassed cough!* a girl and a plakat betta.....I am really getting into them!
Oh please please please post some of your baby blogs soon as you can...specially the plecs....or whatever you decide to get!!!!
*On a sad note: my friend sent me a newspaper article from Silicon Valley, CA, where I used to live, about how just one man is trying to save the baby duckies from being slaughtered at the apartment complex I used to live at....just one man, ONLY trying to get the poor newborn duckies a short stay, maybe a month tops, from what is surely going to be a deadly pond cleaning which the complex says "will be fine; there are signs on the road (HIGH TRAFFIC ROAD in SANTA CLARA< CA, by Yahoo HQ; its NOT a safe road for anyone, let alone 10 day old ducklings!)which say "Duck crossing", and leave it at that. All they need, ALL they need, is one or two snow king plecs', or any other plec that grows to a fat, slurpy big size...and the problem would. be solved. The California winter we have there is ...well its' no kind of winter at all! Any nicely sized pleco would do wonderfully...or, the complex could try to just wait it out for a few weeks.....but nope. I know those people, and they are less interested in the bottom line (FINANCES!) than they are in being .....RIGHT!? Does that make any sense?! So, I'm trying like heck to get some attention to those little ducks, for just a week or so, but if history is any predictor of the future....unless those ducks are crazy-good at reading (at 10 days of age..)_ they're going to die, pond by pond. I loved those ducks. They were the only good thing about those apartments....every spring, they reminded me what hope felt like. I wish I could return the favor.
Can ANYONE try to put some gentle pressue on these people to help? It may already be way too late; but the name of the property managment co. is Boardwalk Apartments. It's on Flora Vista avenue, in Santa Clara, California.
Ask for Donna; she is the property manager, and she is the only one who could affect any changes. Weird, though, how she isn't receptive AT ALL to an option that would save the company thousands of dollars PER YEAR, using a fish to control the algae that is the problem in the duck ponds, instead of draining and chemically killing the ponds every year; that must cost THOUSANDS of dollars per pond....one fish...JUST ONE FISH....per pond would solve the problem. And I would pay for (5 maximum) the Plecos, if I got a guarantee from Boardwalk Apts to give those Pleco's a fighting chance....so much better than a chemical wash that even if it's just fine for the ducks, would end up killing the babies anyway, because they could not return to their ponds for 10 days MINIMUM, at age 14-21 days...there is no way for them to survive.
I suppose the death of the ducks is the ultimate goal. Not a shock. Not after living there for 3 years myself. The ducks are a huge nuisance and poop everywhere....but also bring so much joy to the residents, there should be more than enough funding / donations to address this situation.
Sorry. My soapbox got HUGE>
(408) 248-1455

3770 Flora Vista Ave
· Santa Clara
· Directions

Boardwalk Apartments
· (408) 248-1078Pics are attached. (from my last post: all but the orange Betta have died- they each have their story...RIP)

In order of pics:

1. steel blue CT betta (M)
2. Black lace CT betta (M)
3. pinkish reddy blue CT betta (F)
4. Blue dragon HMPK (M)
5. Blue dragon HMPK (F) (She and #4 are a pair- going to try breeding them soon!!)

Guess I wil need to make another post with the other pics...lol the 5 pic limit is annoying me!![/QUOTE]