shrimp and cleaner crew

stevej

Medium Fish
Jun 25, 2009
ok so i have all the rock i want in. now can i put a shrimp and some snails in?

Feb 25, 2008
Savage, MN
You can basically put shrimp and other invertabrates in at any time after your tank is done cycling. What are your water parameters like. Putting more rock in your tank after you have livestock in it is not really a good idea IMO. I don't really mean to sound like a donkey's rear end, but I can see this setup ending in disaster down the road.

stevej

Medium Fish
Jun 25, 2009
ok my levels r at zero now but the ammonia level is raising a little bit. but anyway forget that sump thread bc i thought u could just run a hose to and from but now i no otherwise . buy onto somethin else, i have another tank thats a ten gallon. i was gonna see if i could make that into my refugium sorta thing. if i do start that ill just take water from my main tank and put it in the ten. but will i need to get another filter . i have a light and a powerhead. i just really dont wanna spend to much money on it if im only puttin in brine shrimp and small things.

Feb 25, 2008
Savage, MN
The new pieces of rock you put in is probably starting a mini cycle. Probably won't be that much but wait a few more days until your levels are all back at zero to put in your invertabrates. Keep an eye on your ammonia. You don't want it going too high or you could comprimise your fish.

stevej

Medium Fish
Jun 25, 2009

stevej

Medium Fish
Jun 25, 2009
o well it was one of the first things i bought i didnt really no wat i was looking for. but do i need anything besides sand powerhead light to start that other tank?

stevej

Medium Fish
Jun 25, 2009
i no i wasnt planning on having it go back into the tank thru tubes. i was just gonna let the pods grow and reproduce in here for a while then suck them out thru a turkey baster thing or whatever its called and then put em into my display tank. and i was gonna put it in the stand of my tank.

stevej

Medium Fish
Jun 25, 2009
im just gonna forget about or ill prob but it on the back of the tank where no one can see it and just run some pvc from the powerhead in the tank to it on the back. but i really need to no if im gonna need a heater or anythin else cause if so then im gonna go get it today.