Shrimp

Sep 19, 2006
oh sorry i'm new to this i have a 29 gal with 2 dwarf gouramis, 2 fire gouramies, 2 barbs, and a pleco. i just bought a fresh water shrimp from petco, and i was wondering if anyone knows anything about them

thanks

Sep 19, 2006
Ok i found out what kind of shrimp it is!!! its a bamboo shrimp........my only problem is now is that its missing!! last night before i went to bed it was near the filter now i can't find it ANYWHERE!!! HELP!!!

zoo minsi

Large Fish
Jan 8, 2005
michigan
Visit site
i have 2 bamboo shrimp in my 55 and let me tell you they are very very good hiders. I thought mine had died until recently when i re-arranged my whole tank and took everything out, then i saw them both alive and happy. Put everything back in the tank and havent seen em since. So i would say look very close he could be hiding anywhere gl :)

Oct 10, 2006
Ogden, UT
I have 3 clown loaches and 2 bamboo shrimp (also called wood shrimp) in my 55. The loaches sometimes push the shrimp out of the way when feeding, but otherwise they ignore them.

A good way to see more of your shrimp is to add some driftwood (or woody roots, or thick-stalked plants such as bamboo), preferably with algae going - and to add at least one more, as they do better in company. Also, they tend to be more nocturnal. Add some red leds and you can see them at night. They'll turn deep brown to red when they feel the most comfortable. They also get very skittish right after they molt - you'll barely see them for several days.

I've never had anything try to eat mine, and they are harmless to fish - good luck!