Siamese Fighting Fish???

lil_shez

Medium Fish
Jul 3, 2005
Australia
i have 3 young angelfish and 10 tetra's
i was wondering if i can introduce 1 Siamese Fighting Fish in to the tank or not???

Dec 8, 2004
Visit site
how big is your tank? and oh- angels do tend to pair off as they get older, and they'll harass the third wheel sometimes to the point of death. i'd say add another angel first before anything else, but it also depends on your tank size

lil_shez

Medium Fish
Jul 3, 2005
Australia
it doesnt look as big as it is in the picture but i think it could hold more fish than 3 angles n some tetra's.

How about some cat fishes???

Last edited:

discus4everGrl

Superstar Fish
May 24, 2005
Chesapeake, Va
75 liters is a 20 gallon tank. It is going to be way overstocked as those angels grow. The rule is typically 10 gallons per adult angel. A betta will prolly nip the fins of your angels. Although you prolly have one too many angels at this point. But I bet you'll get addicted and buy another tank eventually - *thumbsups

Dec 8, 2004
Visit site
yah- technically your tank is already overstocked. angels will get to be the size of your hand when they're adults, and whenever you buy a fish, you have to account for their adult size. your best bet right now would be to upgrade to a 55 gallon tank, and then get another angel, but that is a lot of money. if you're going to keep the 20, you really could only have 2 angels total. you need to do some research before you go and buy new fish.

Dec 8, 2004
Visit site
the best way to go with a 20 gallon is a community tank. you've already got the tetras, maybe try some danios, swordtails, guppies, other tetras like lemons, platies (not all together- you've got to have 1 inch of fish per gallon), and for cleanup try chinese algae eaters, cory cats...

those are all just examples of what would get along.