sick betta

janlo

Large Fish
Nov 9, 2004
Montreal
Visit site
I have a 52 gal community tank , with one betta.

I have found last week that he had ich, so i putted him in quarantine in a little bowl.
I gave him some ich remedy in the water, wich helped him, cause now i dont see any spots.
But while he was in his bowl , he caught 2 other diseases: he has fin rots ( because he was laying at the bootom of the bowl, and his fins touched bad bacterias i guess), but more important he has some bad scails under his mouth, clamped fins, like a cancer rotting him :(
i guess its some bacterial infection, but im not even sure...

I know that he has to have some fresh quality water, but how many change do i have to make? 100% a day, 20%? or every 2 days?

beside the water quality, what can ido?

Iggy

Superstar Fish
Jun 25, 2003
Leduc, AB, Canada
Visit site
Hi Janlo,

I am betting your betta is suffering from mouth fungus. Fin rot and mouth fungus after Ick in not uncommon because the Ick spores leave open holes in the scales.

I would treat him immediately with Jungle Anti-fungus. Fungus looks cottonly, and can be inside as well as outside the mouth. I would also treat him with Bettafix/Melafix (same stuff) for the fin rot.

Change the water according to the medicine instructions on the Jungle Anti-Fungus. Do a 50% change today, then another 25% change in 2 or 4 days if I remember right.

Keep us posted!