Sick Clown-Confused Human

shift_9k

Large Fish
Jul 5, 2005
Chicago
www.duderick.com
Well I've had a pair of ocellaris for a month or two now. One of them couple days ago started breathing very heavy. I freaked, checked all of the water params, everything was spot on.

The other clown is fine, the coral are fine, there is nothing wrong with the tank.

I waited to see what would happen, loss of color, swimming behavior, etc...

Nothing looked healthy just breathing hard. I aimed one of my returns to break the surface of the water. Add more oxygen.

I waited all day yesterday. Didn't die. I did a FW dip in RODI. It was in there for 5mins, after that i let him back in the tank. Its been a day now and hes the same, breathing hard, and now hes put himself in the corner of the tank, swimming in place. Doesnt even head out with his buddy.

So.... should I take him out now, or let him be? I dont have a QT.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
id setup a quarentine if anything... id also hold off on fw dips until u actually find out what the problem is..u could be just stressing him out even more

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Well quarantine is the immediate action. Then I would slowly drop the salinity a bit as it will help out somewhat. Sounds like ich even though you can't see the spots.

RedRain5

Small Fish
Mar 20, 2006
I had a male clown fish do the same thing. It died. I looked and looked but I got no info on what was rong with it. The clown was with it's partner for the whole time and the other clown is still doing fine no idea what killed it off but is sounds like what's going on with yours mine just stoped eating alltogether atleast yours is eating hopefuly it will make it