Sick Coral?

Zman16

Large Fish
Aug 1, 2005
Pennsylvannia
I accidently fed my coral, coral food which I never refrigerized for three days after opening. I think my Corla is sick now because Its not opening. Is there a chance the coral will survive?

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
what is you coral, what did you feed him.

Once i fed an open brain with rotten plankton ...(my fridge died and when i switched to the new one i just put it in the new freezer anyways...bad move )
I forgot. The tentacles grabbed it...then he regurgitated it. He's ok. End of story. Don't have much experience with rotten food, but i think a fish has more chance to eat rotten food and get sick than a coral.

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
well precisely...the word " smorgusborg " isn't helping me.
If you talking about corralimorphs, they rely on photosynthesis to get the majority of their food.
They're filter feeder and they can't handle big chunks. Zooplankton can be a monthly meal and you can use a seringe to target the animals, so you'll end up with less waste. Since you have a 10g maybe you should stop feeding the mush. It may pollute more than anything else.
Have you checked your ph, temp, salinity, nitrates, nitrites, ammonia levels ?

Zman16

Large Fish
Aug 1, 2005
Pennsylvannia
I'm not feeding them "mush", I put in 3-4 drops of this stuff in the tank 3 times a week. My parameters are all normal. My mushroom still seems to be in not so good of shape.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I don't think mushrooms require feeding.......they are photosythetic.

What are your other parameters, mushrooms are like a canary in a coal mine. Maybe there is something else going on.