sick guppy

Jul 7, 2006
My female guppy just had babies a few days ago. She has been acting very strange, she was hanging around the bottom alot and just sitting there. I changed the water in the tank and she seemed better. Today she seems like she don't have much control of her tail or somthing. She is swiming very strange and hung out around the bottom most of the day. She just got caught up in the bubbles and couldn't control herself in it at all. Any ideas on what may be wrong with her? The other 3 seem fine. Thanks for your help!

joeyjoeq

Large Fish
Jul 15, 2006
Chicago
Hmmm? Have you checked your levels in the water. Guppy's are small and easy to care for. The one bad about them is that any little thing that bothers them gets them sad or sick. I have one female Guppy that always swims at the top right corner. I always have to look for her since there is not much light there. I think your Guppy would be fine as long as she keeps eating.

SANND

Large Fish
Jul 20, 2005
Washington, DC
It's hard to guess without seeing the fish first hand but it sounds like she might have swim bladder disease? I've read a couple of sites that suggested using isolating the fish and using epsom salt to treat.