sick tang?!

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
can anyone id this? i don't think its been there before but i really don't know.. its inbetween the eyes, these are the best photos i could get.. what do i have to do to treat it if its sick? will it spread to my other fish? what could of caused it? hes been in the tank for 3 weeks?HELP!

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
if i feed more will it get better? any chance of saving him? i read that i sould soak his food in vitamen (sp) C , can i just use tablets that i take or is there a special kind for fish? any ideas what its called or where i could get it from?! i really don't want him to die hes my fav. fish!

Last edited:

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Try to get him to eat some leafy greens such as spinach or brocolli.....I know my yellow eats it when I offer it......google hole in the head, marine and you should find out more about it.

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
i just turned on the lights and it looks better today, i picked up some vitamen supplement stuff you add to the food, im gonna try putting it on the seaweed and see if he eats it better that way, i was gonna get some garlic but it was 20bucks a bottle, would it work if i just grind up some garlic and soak the seaweed in it?

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Yes, you can just chop some garlic and soak the food in it. I usually just cut a piece of garlic, smash it a little to get the juices going, then put it in a cup with the food to soak. It sure costs a lot less than the garlic supplement, and it's fresh/natural.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I second with Lotus....fresh is probably better as you have no idea how long those supplements sit on the shelf anyway. I would soak some nori or seaweed in it then put that in the tank for it to eat. try wrapping it around a rock with an elastic .....

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
weird thing i noticed today, the orginal "bump" is almost gone but there is one alot higher on his head right below his top fin.. could it be a parasite? i soaked some food in garlic and added some vitamen supplements and he loves it! eats the seaweed like its going outta style now, hopefully he will get better and make it!