siliconing?

Katome556

Large Fish
Oct 16, 2006
Russell,Kansas
i'm thinking of siliconing my tank divider in my 5 gal, it seems too difficult to get the latches to stay in place since i can't remove my cover and i can only work where i pull the lighting out, would it be best to move my betta cole to a tempary tank and just silicon the divider into place and wait 48-60 hours till it's dry?

What needs to be done:
1 Gal: flare betta male planning on moving to heated 5: gal with other male betta cole with a divider and a wall of java moss so they can't see one another.

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
This would work, the only thing to make sure of is to prop the divider in place while it's drying. Wouldn't want it to fall over while you aren't there and be siliconed to the bottom of the tank! ;) I think I'd wait at least 48 hours before adding water to make sure it won't move.

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
I just remember touching my silicone glue after 24 hrs and it still being not completely solid...My tube says to wait a week before adding water, but if you aren't sealing anything, I don't think it'd be a problem to add water after 48 hrs.