Silver Arawonnas

Oct 22, 2002
St.Louis
I'm getting a silver arawona tomorrow! First time i  ever saw one in a pet shop, i was like WOW! I must have it! The problem was it was ~ 20 inches long and around $300. :( But, at my favorite LFS, i was talking to the owner for about an hour or so, and he said he was getting arawonnas in.  I came back the next day and he has about 30 silvers. they are only 20 bucks! and the largest one is about 2 inches long.  Most still have yolk sacs on them.  I must have one! They are just to damn cool.  Maybe with a tax refund i can get a bigger tank. ;D 8) Just want any info on them. I have must everything figuered out for keeping him.

arcab4

The Big Fish
The Big Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sunny Southern California
congrats. those are some crazy fishes. make sure you keep the hood on cause i've heard of them jumping. i can't quite remember but there is a website decided just to arawonnas. cool! show some pictures when u can.

Oct 22, 2002
St.Louis
i'll get some pictures of him. Along with hopefully some of my other fish/tanks.  I don't have a web site so could i e-mail to ya( arcab ). I found that web site you're talking about in the other arawona thread. Some of those guys are pretty bad ass and really expensive.

Oscardude

Small Fish
Oct 22, 2002
My silver is my favorite fish I watch him for hours.  I don't know to much and I wish someone would tell me some new things but I know a few things.  Have a good secure top because they will jump.  I lost one once that jumped through a small space on mine.  They love plants.  and anything freeze dried when there small.  I think its best to teach them to eat pellets when there small.   I read an asian site that said you can actually stave them for a week or so until there willing to eat pellets but I've never tried it.  I guess that it would work on a SA Arowanas.  Well I hope more people add there 2 cents because I would like some advise.