size matter?

Flowerkid

Large Fish
Mar 12, 2006
I have been reading around and alot of places say that a reef aquarium that has fish and other animals should be at least 80g. I have a 29g and was wondering if i could make one.
Casey

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Ha, it doesn't matter what size you have you will soon be the owner of multiple tanks....it is the nature of the sickness. The reason that they suggest a larger tank for beginners is that they are more forgiving of mistakes with water quality, ie. it takes more to throw the parameters out of whack in an 80g than it does in a 10g. There is more room for error and fluctuations that and most saltwater life are less able to adapt to rapid changes in salinity and other water quality issues.

Limi310

Superstar Fish
Nov 30, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Cichlid-Man said:
Though i hear many times that if you start with a nano you will upgrade in a year at least because of your obsession to keep more.
Definitely! I started mine in........the beginning of March I think and I already want to go bigger. 29 is a decent size though.......I started mine with a 10.

For me it's not so much wanting to add more....like fish and stuff. It's just easier to deal with evaporation and temp fluctuation in a bigger size tank then a 10. Good luck! :D

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
that's funny I started with a 75 then got a 10g going and now have the 75 and a 20g. I want to upsize my 75 to either a 115 or 120g......but that will have to wait a few years .....