Skilter 250?

reichebrown

Medium Fish
Jun 1, 2006
Stroudsburg, PA
i have an aquamast 400 the skilter 400 w/o the skimmer. I like the filter from what i have heard the skimmers dont work all to well and i have found many DIY mods that put an air stone in the skilter tube to make better foam. Mine does have the air intake to make the bubbles and it is quite noise i mainly run it for more airation when im not in the room. Hope this helps

Jul 14, 2005
Tampa, FL
Sadly, all I've ever heard from the Nano-Reef forums is that Current's Nano Protein Skimmer is just a bubble factory, and hardly skimms. More a waste of money. Spend the money on some RO water. Keeping water changes frequent would be more efficient on a nano.

amd

Large Fish
Jun 4, 2006
north carolina asheville area
well i do and from the start used R/O water from the grocery store, since my tank supposedly12 gallon would hold only 9 before i added sand and rock, i test my tanks outside first! I guess i might try he 30 dollar skimmer, if it just does a little that good enough. I already have a 55gallon with some VERY nice cichlids and I cannot have any more big tanks. so i am going nano with a reef and dont worry about so much cost as size. so with that in mind i guess I am trying to put an extrordanary amount of effort into keeping the water polished and very high in quality, no matter what especially that it isnt harder to to keep nano's than larger, just needs more precision in the water care.