Skimmer selection

Feb 25, 2006
Texas
Hello,

I looking for recommendations on Skimmers Has anyone had experience (good or bad)with a Berlin Turbo Skimmer,Red Seal Prizm Skimmer or a 100 Multi turboflow skimmer. All responses or rebukes would be appreciate.

Roger Clark

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
The Berklin turbo is not a good skimmer. The prism is ok, but not great for tanks to 20, 30 gallons, but for them oney you can fdo better as it is a p.i.t.b. to tune. The multiflotor is nice but fiddly

What tank, sump?

Feb 25, 2006
Texas
Thanks Aresgod and Wayne.

I will be setting up a 75 gallon horizontal without a sump. Wayne or Aregod how about the Prism or Turbofloter for this size tank. Or do you have any other recommendations.

Roger

Feb 25, 2006
Texas
More discussion about a skimmer

wayne said:
The Berklin turbo is not a good skimmer. The prism is ok, but not great for tanks to 20, 30 gallons, but for them oney you can fdo better as it is a p.i.t.b. to tune. The multiflotor is nice but fiddly

What tank, sump?
Hi Wayne,

I really appreciate you advice. I will be setting up a 75 gallon horizontal tank without a sump. What skimmer would you recommend for me.

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
I would really go with the aquac remora pro for a 75, it will work great and is about the same price as the turboflotor, imo the turbo flotor really needs a sump to work well, and needs a good amount of adjustment to get it working well, I have both of these skimmers, and the remora really is idiot proof and does a great job.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I am proof that an idiot can use the aqua c remora pro on my 75 and it does a wonderful job pulling all kinds of gunk out. Now if I can just figure out how to convert it to an urchin so I can put it in a sump in the near future all will be well...............