skin disease on Oscar

May 11, 2015
My fish is sick. I don't know what he has. He has been isolated but it is an open wound that appears to be spreading even after being treated with melanin and aquarium salt to promote healing he's now eating but the wound doesn't appear to be getting any smaller

I'm trying too add a picture but it's not letting me when I can add a picture I will. I don't want him to die so please help me as much as u can. It looks like an open wound but more recently it looks like there's bubbles on the wound
1442555108484-728955914.jpg 1442555108484-728955914.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2009
What sized tank is the Oscar in, and any other tankmates? What is your water schedule (how often and how much water are you changing)?

Oscars are messy fish and require a lot of water changes to keep them healthy.

May 11, 2015
What sized tank is the Oscar in, and any other tankmates? What is your water schedule (how often and how much water are you changing)?

Oscars are messy fish and require a lot of water changes to keep them healthy.

As of now he's in a thirty gallon tank by himself because he has been isolated. I generally change the water every 2-4 weeks depending on water clarity but I'm trying to get him in good health for now so is there any tips u may have

Feb 27, 2009
When I kept Oscars, I did a 50% water change every week. I had two in a 75 gallon tank.

How much are you changing of your 30 gallons? Are you vacuuming the gravel with water changes?

What are your water parameters like (ammonia, nitrite and nitrate)? Not sure what you mean by 'water clarity,' but the water is unhealthy long before there is anything visible.