SLIGHT EMERGENCY

Nov 8, 2005
PA
ok one of my clowns is beating up the other they have been fine for weeks i have the one in a kritter Karrier the little plastic cages with plastic slots in the lid i put it in there and its floating what do i do?
thats all i have to seperate him?
theres no changes in the tank
there percula clowns 1 1/2 in. 30 gallon tank?

help please

thanks

Nov 8, 2005
PA
i took and the pet store said it mightt be the ph so i did a water change and added more lava rock and they seem to be fine my moms friend at work said it might be the ph so that must have been it there fine now....

Nov 8, 2005
PA
its the decarotive stuff the guy sold it to my mom it is in with the live rock. the store she went to dosent sell live rock. But its like coral stuff? idk it is like rock with a hole in it the texture is like coral?

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Your lfs does not sound like it's very good at all. This sort of setup went out of fashion around 1980 , and for good reasons.
I am guessing the female clown is really starting to push her weight around. I think if you had 2 females, fighting would hve occurred by now. By removing the weaker clown you might have bother reintroducing it to the more dominant fishes territory, so if more trouble occurs trap the dominant fish and give the weaker one a chance to settle down. I would just be tempted to let them sort it out, but keep a close eye

Nov 8, 2005
PA
rock

actually i dont think its lava rock... Its white i think it is like old coral heres a pic of it if its not good ill take it out im getting the rest of the live rock for my birthday which is in 11 days so yea the pet store said my nitrate was a little high and he said since the tanks only been running a month that it is probably on its way down to 0 he said it was very close to 0 but not zero we were gonna pick up a test kit they forgot to order them so we have to wait till they come in....
[/IMG]