small fish tank heater

merc1500

Medium Fish
Dec 11, 2008
virginia beach virginia
my betta tank a 1.5g tetra water wonders 1.5g everybody on another furom says im crazy for heating it with a 25watt heater it stays a pretty constant 78 but im am a little worried about it so i found this Aquarium Heaters & Temperature Control: Marineland Shatterproof Heater

its alittle expensive but it got to be safer

i just wanted to get some opinions on a heater for this tank is the marineland a good heater you kno stuff like that

MadridKid

Large Fish
Dec 25, 2007
California
There is a heater that you place under the substrate/gravel... It's perfect for your setup. I had the same tank and raised a betta in there as well. He's almost three, so i'm super stoked on that... But, I'm telling you from experiance. It will get soooper old cleaning the tank every week, and if you raise a healthy beta, he will outgrow it. Mine is in a ten gallon now and it's the way he should've been kept... save for a bigger tank.

Dec 26, 2008
The water changes are a pain, but the tank is a little small. 2.5 gallon minimum is better, but if the 1.5 if heated and filtered I suppose it is OK.

Good Luck..
Oh yeah as for the filter it is fine, I have a 25 watt in my 2.5 too. Good chice. Keeps the water at a more constant temperature. =)